Part 7 – Day to Day Website Management
Beware of cheap hosting costs when choosing a supplier. Often hosting is included for the first year – remember to make sure you check the following when choosing a web developer…
- Can they host your website and email?
- What is the quality of their hosting – does it have security, a firewall and back up?
- What is their server/hardware replacement policy on hosting?
- What bandwidth do they offer –check out how well websites they host rank and perform
- What other services do they offer that can link to your website:
– social marketing campaigns
– set up of Facebook, Twitter etc
– newsletter systems
– news and feed modules
– the ability to gather information and statistics